Pittsburgh (11-19, 6-13) at Notre Dame (21-9, 14-5)
Dated: March 5
Time: 2:30 p.m. ET
Or: Purcell Pavilion | Notre Dame, Ind.
TV: ESPNEWS | Jay Alter and Mike Lightfoot
Line: Notre Dame -12.5
WHERE : 132.0
– Notre Dame leads the all-time series 36-31, including 18-11 at home.
– Mike Brey is 3-1 against Jeff Capel.
– An Irish win would set a new program record for conference wins (15).
– Notre Dame is 16-1 when shooting better than its opponent this season.
– Notre Dame is the only major conference school in the nation with two players in the top five in three-point field goal percentage – senior Nate Laszewski (.453) and classmate Dane Goodwin (.449).
– The Irish have connected on 10 or more 3FGs 14 times this season (and are 13-1 in those contests).
– Prentiss Hubb has 380 career assists in ACC play.
– Freshman Blake Wesley has scored 447 points this season. He would be the fourth freshman in the program’s history to score over 500 points in his freshman year.
|Paul Atkinson Jr.||12.7||7.3||1.5|
It’s Seniors Day at the Purcell Pavilion and Notre Dame seniors will have the chance to make a statement against a struggling Pitt team. The Irish earned a double bye in next week’s ACC tournament, but second place is on the line.
Notre Dame may also go down in school history, as a 15th conference win would surpass the ACC’s program record of 14 wins in a season.
Mike Brey’s side are coming off a disappointing loss in Tallahassee on Wednesday, but don’t expect the Irish to dwell on that as the focus has been on finishing the year strong at home for the senior class.
“We talked about our seniors and what we did as we moved fast forward,” Brey said Wednesday after the game against Florida State. “I talked a bit about being able to control the defensive boards. We didn’t do it enough tonight, but we did enough this year to put ourselves in position.
“I spoke a bit about our seniors and what they have meant not only this year for our program and Saturday will be a great day for us. Let’s get out of here and move on.”
Every senior on the roster is eligible to return next season with the exception of Paul Atkinson Jr (for now), but Notre Dame will still have to deal with the emotions of Senior Day as the NCAA tournament standings are also at stake.
“I talked to them about it being our time,” Brey said. “We can dream big dreams in the playoffs because I think they’re realistic. We’ll see if we can play well for our seniors on Saturday and then set the tone for Brooklyn.
|Pitt Last 5||Notre Dame Last 5|
|Duke (86-56) L||at Florida State (74-70) L|
|Miami (85-64) L||Georgia Tech (90-56) W|
|Georgia Tech (68-62) L||Syracuse (79-69) W|
|at North Carolina (76-67) W||at Wake Forest (79-74) L|
|Status NC (71-69) F||Boston College (99-95) F|