Clemson (19-10, 2-7) at No. 6 Notre Dame (18-5, 6-4)
When: April 9
Weather: 2 p.m. ET
Or: Frank Eck Stadium | South Bend, Ind.
Watch: Additional ACC network
(Came in the weekend)
– Notre Dame leads the NCAA in fielding percentage with a mark of .989 this season. The Irish have committed just nine errors in 601 strikeout opportunities this season.
– Notre Dame is seventh in the NCAA and second in the ACC with a WHIP of 1.18 this season.
– The Irish rank 11th nationally and third in the ACC as an ERA team with 3.28.
– The Irishman ranks seventh in the NCAA and third in the ACC in strikeouts per nine innings with 11.5. The Irish pitching team has struck out 255 in 200.1 innings this season.
– Notre Dame is 15-2-1 all-time in the regular season under Jarrett. The Irish are 4-1-1 in the ACC series at Frank Eck Stadium and 13-2-1 in the ACC series over the past three seasons.
|THE SCHOOL||NAME||RECORD (APPEARANCES)||TIME||IPs||WRITE-OFFS|
|our Lady||RHP Temple of Austin||2-0||3.29||27.1||37|
|Clemson||RHP Nick Hoffman||3-3||5.29||32.1||23|
WHAT TO WATCH
– RHP Austin Temple will be looking to top last weekend’s performance at Florida State where he retired after two outs in the first inning. The Seminoles only had one hit, but scored three runs on just five batters as Temple struggled to find the strike zone.
– The good news is that Link Jarrett says Temple rolled his ankle the previous weekend during a training session and the transfer of graduates should return to normal this weekend.
–Notre Dame’s bullpen should be ready for the final two games of the series as LHP John Michael Bertrand went 8.1 innings Friday. Bertrand finished the game allowing four hits, one run, three walks and eight strikeouts on 130 pitches to improve to 5–0 on the year.
RHP Ryan McLinksey has had the last two outs on just two courts, so he’ll be ready when needed on Saturday or Sunday.
– Fifth-year senior Spencer Myers was expected to have a good day at the plate and did so Friday by going 2-for-3 with a walk and an RBI. Myers is now batting .203 on the year.
— After Friday’s game, the Tigers are 16-1 when they have at least the same number of hits as their opponent, but Clemson is just 3-9 when beaten.
– Notre Dame is currently on a six-game winning streak, which is the second five-or-more winning streak this season.
*Lineups will be added once published.
Notre Dame Game Day All Day Lightweight Hoodie