No. 4 Notre Dame (21-6, 8-5) at Duke (14-20, 4-12)
When: April 15
Weather: 6:00 PM ET
Or: Land Jack Combes | Durham, North Carolina
Watch: ACC Extra Network | Daron Vaught and Art Chase
(Entry in the series)
– The Irish are 32-10 (.762) on the road under head coach Link Jarrett.
– Notre Dame is second in the NCAA in fielding percentage with a mark of .988 this season. The Irish have made 12 errors in 709 strikeout opportunities this season.
– Notre Dame is sixth in the NCAA and leads the ACC with a 1.16 WHIP this season.
– The Irish rank sixth nationally and lead the ACC in the team ERA with 3.08.
– Notre Dame is 16-2-1 all-time in the regular season under Jarrett.
— Outfielder Spencer Myers has 58 interceptions in his Irish career and ranks eighth all-time in program history for most career interceptions.
|THE SCHOOL||NAME||RECORD (APPEARANCES)||TIME||IPs||WRITE-OFFS|
|our Lady||LHP John Michael Bertrand||5-0||1.53||53.0||59|
|duke||HRP Marcus Johnson||1-6||4.50||46.0||57|
WHAT TO WATCH
– Notre Dame was sloppy Thursday afternoon and lost 15-5 in the series opener.
– Irish pitchers struggled to throw strikes in Game 1 as they walked seven and had three wild pitches while striking out just six.
– Duke receiver Andrew Yu went 4 for 5 with 2 RBIs and Alex Mooney was 3 for 4 with 3 RBIs and two doubles and two walks. Not bad for true freshmen.
– The good news for Notre Dame is that ace John Michael Bertrand will take the mound on Friday as the Irish look to even the series. Bertrand comes in today leading the ACC in ERA (1.53), so there’s a good chance Duke won’t have 16 hits on Friday.
Notre Dame Programming
|Spencer Myers||heart rate||.221|
|Brooks Coetzee III||RF||.287|
|David La Manna||VS||.327|
|Devin Obee||heart rate||.214|
Notre Dame Fighting Irish Performance Baseball Jersey