No. 1 Notre Dame (12-2, 2-1) at Louisville (14-4, 1-0)
When: March 19
Weather: 1 p.m. ET
Or: Jim Patterson Stadium | Louisville, Ky.
Watch: Additional ACC network
*Entry on weekends
– Notre Dame leads the NCAA in fielding percentage with a mark of .992 this season. The Irish have committed just four errors in 358 strikeout opportunities this season.
– The Irishman ranks second in the NCAA in the team ERA with a 1.66 record in 13 games. The Irish pitching team has allowed four or fewer runs in 12 of 13 games this season.
– Notre Dame is second in the NCAA with a 0.94 WHIP this season. They allowed 74 hits and 38 walks in 119.1 innings pitched.
– The Irish have won their last eight ACC road series dating back to the 2020 season. It sets the program record for most consecutive road conference series wins.
– The Irish are 10-0 in the road series under head coach Link Jarrett.
– Head coach Link Jarrett has coached 73 games for the Irish since the start of the 2020 season and hasn’t lost a consecutive game in that time.
|THE SCHOOL||NAME||RECORD (APPEARANCES)||TIME||IPs||WRITE-OFFS|
|our Lady||LHP John Michael Bertrand||4-0||1.80||25.0||28|
|Louisville||RHP Jared Poland||1-1||1.38||13.0||15|
WHAT TO WATCH
–Louisville shook Notre Dame’s pitch Friday scoring 16 runs on 14 hits.
– SS Cardinals Christian Knapczyk killed the Irish making it 2 for 3 with two walks and two runs scored.
– 1B Dalton Rushing and CF Levi Usher also had a big day as the two had three RBIs apiece.
– Irish pitchers walked 10 and 14 hits, which is well out of the norm, but Louisville entered the game leading the ACC in batting average (.336) and slugging percentage (.593).
–Notre Dame’s Jack Zyska got his first start of the year as a DH and responded with his fourth homer of the year and three RBIs.
– Spencer Myers started in CF and went 2 for 6 with two runs scored.
*Queues will be added upon release.