(3) Texas Tech (37-20) vs. (2) Notre Dame (35-14)
When: June 3
Time: 2 p.m. ET
Where: JI Clements Stadium | Statesboro, Ga.
– Notre Dame is 47-20 (.701) from Frank Eck Stadium under head coach Link Jarrett. In 2022, the Irish are 10-8 in real road games and 8-3 in neutral site games.
– The Irish are 80-29 (.734) since the start of the 2020 season. That winning percentage ranks third in the NCAA over the past three seasons, behind Tennessee and UC Santa Barbara .
– Notre Dame is 12th in the NCAA and first in the ACC in fielding percentage with a mark of .980 this season. The Irish have committed 36 errors in 1,313 strikeout opportunities this season.
– The Irish rank 12th nationally and are second in the ACC in the team ERA with 3.91. They’ve allowed 190 earned runs in 437.2 innings this season.
– This is Notre Dame’s 24th NCAA playoff bid in program history. It’s the first time since 2005-06 that the Irish have won playoff bids in consecutive seasons.
– The Irish set a program record for strikeouts as they are at 529 heading into the Statesboro Regional. They surpassed the previous record of 504 from 2006 in the ACC Championship win over Florida State.
– Michigan is the only common opponent between Notre Dame and Texas Tech this year. The Wolverines fell to Texas Tech 7-6 in the season opener, then Notre Dame beat Michigan 14-5 in April.
– Notre Dame and Texas Tech have only played once and that was Ireland’s 6-1 win in 2004.
|our Lady||LHP John Michael Bertrand||8-2||2.39||90.1||94|
|Texas technology||RHP Andrew Morris||7-2||4.72||82.0||88|
WHAT TO WATCH
–The good news is that Notre Dame won’t have to face the Big 12 pitcher of the year in Texas Tech pitcher Brandon Birdsell. The bad news is that the Irish will face Andrew Morris, who has been the Red Raiders Friday starter for the whole year. Quite the 1-2 punch.
–Texas Tech is 31-2 when holding their opponent to five runs or less and 28-0 when the Red Raiders have more hits than their opponent. Another interesting stat is that Texas Tech is 31-2 in the lead after six innings.
– It should be noted that Texas Tech has scored six or more points in 39 games this season and the Red Raiders are 33-6 in those games.
– The Texas Tech offense has scored in double figures 19 times this year and is 18-1 in those games.
– The Red Raiders are led by second-year second baseman Jace Jung, who bats .340 with 14 home runs, 56 RBIs and 58 walks, who is No. 5 in the nation.
–Texas Tech shortstop Kurt Wilson is batting .329 with 14 home runs and 63 RBIs.
Notre Dame programming
Texas Tech range
FOR YOUR NERVES
Homefield Gray Notre Dame Fighting Irish Vintage Wake Up The Echoes T Shirt