THE sports star at the center of two major sexual assault investigations has offered one of the alleged victims a staggering sum of over € 1 million.
The Irish Sun can reveal the huge cash offer that was made to the woman in return for withdrawing her rape claim involving “a high level of violence”.
The celebrity denies brutally raping the woman at a lavish South Dublin hotel before Christmas.
A Garda file on the investigation is now with the Director of Public Prosecutions, with a decision on whether or not the star should be charged with the alleged rape expected overnight.
Although the offer was made, it was rejected.
We also understand that the sports personality is preparing a second offer to compensate the woman in the hope that she does not go to court.
The offer is not an admission of guilt, sources said.
The star has previously been questioned by Gardai about the allegation, but has vigorously denied the claims.
A source said: “An offer of one million euros was made but it was categorically rejected by the victim who refused to withdraw the complaint.
“The file is still at the DPP and a decision is expected very soon.
“The victim in this case claimed that there was a high level of violence in this attack and the DPP will take time to review the evidence before a decision is made.”
The money offer came as the star continues to be at the center of yet another sexual assault allegation, which he also strongly denies.
The alleged victim, in her twenties, contacted Gardai in Crumlin ten days ago to claim that she had been “coerced” into performing a sex act on the sports personality inside a car parked in a parking lot.
Following the alleged assault, she was taken to Rotunda Hospital in Dublin city center for a medical examination.
She claimed that the act took place in the vehicle.
Bettors who were in the area the night of the alleged attack are also expected to be questioned by officers.
Although the woman has already been interviewed by Gardai, we can reveal that she is also expected to be interviewed again by investigators in the coming weeks.
There are also no plans by Gardai to interview the star at this time, but he is expected to be interviewed by appointment over the next two weeks.
Since the launch of the second sexual assault investigation, a vehicle linked to the star and her clothing has also been seized.
Once Garda’s investigation is completed, a file will be forwarded to the DPP.
We can also reveal that the Gardai recovered CCTV footage of the woman walking to the car with the star’s pals. Other footage shows the woman socializing before the alleged attack.
A local said: “The star had dated a number of people and that included a few young women.
“From what is being said locally, they all seemed to get along very well. No one seems to know what happened next.
Gardai confirmed that an investigation is underway. They said: “Gardai in Crumlin is investigating an alleged sexual assault of a woman which occurred (October 11) around 9 p.m. on Drimnagh Road, Dublin 12.”
They added: “Investigations are ongoing and no arrests have been made yet.
“Due to the nature of the investigation, we will not comment further at this time.”